Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We're having a baby

At least I finally have a ready made subject for a blog.  This evening, after receiving 3 reminder calls about donating blood, I donated blood.  It only took five minutes and thirty-one seconds to fill the bag, which I take pride in for some reason.  Of all the silly things to give yourself credit for.  Tonight/today Sarah and I are having baby number three.  Sarah is trying to sleep after getting her epidural and I took a 10 minute power nap and am dreading what the next 24 hour period looks like.  I think I will be enjoying some Dr. Pepper.  Prior to coming here I was sitting at our desk looking to see who won the game and talking to Sarah when she sneezed.  I then think, though it could have been a sound from the sneeze, that I heard a pop followed by looking up and seeing fluids running down her leg and here we are.  So that is it for now.  I think I am going to lay down and try to rest, but if I know our kids, she will decide she is ready to come and I will just feel even worse.  Due to the blood donation and subsequent eating of all the snacks, I had another bad day on my improved diet.  Not to mention the sushi at lunch with John and James.  My goal will be to get back on it quickly so as to not undo the work I have done.  I was curious to learn that my heart rate was 52 this evening.  The blood donor lady said that I must be active, which I am not so now I am wondering if my diet is also helping me have a lower resting heart rate, which might be good too.  Having kids is the strangest, weirdest, awesomest, scariest thing that two humans can do.  Nothing compares.  Maybe it would be like falling off a very high cliff to your certain death during the scariest part of the scariest movie ever while taking a free kick from 40 yards out and bending it into the back of the net while hitting a 35 foot game winner while catching a fifty-five yard touchdown pass while hitting a game winning home run while kissing your wife on your wedding day while visiting your favorite foreign country while driving 235 mph on a race track while making your first million dollars while listening to your favorite band at their best concert while taking a long overdue nap.  That is what it is like to have a baby.  There, I found something to compare it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment