Wednesday, May 4, 2011

HMFB

During the holiday season I was weighing in at about 205 pounds. During the month of December, Scott blew out his knee playing basketball. My weight got me to thinking that my knees are probably designed to hold up a man that weighs between 175 and 185 pounds. It seems obvious that if a knee is designed to hold up to a certain amount of weight, any additional weight probably means that your chances of injury go up. Because I do a lot of driving, I decided to find a pod-cast that spoke to health and fitness, hoping I would get inspired. I ended up choosing Healthy Mind, Fit Body, for no particular reason. It started off slow and became more and more interesting with regards to carbs(sugar), fat and weight. I slowly started making some changes. I didn't go on a diet in the common sense of the word, I just changed my diet. As of this morning, after breakfast I weighed 186 pounds. Tonight before bed I weigh 188. I think I want to be 183 in the morning and 185 at night. I am almost there. Kevin and Wes always say that our weight is 80% what we eat and 20% exercise and fitness. I have a frisbee game tomorrow that should allow for running and raising of my heart rate. Goal: Get up at 6:30 Thursday and Friday and to work out with some weights, push-ups, and stretching Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment