Monday, May 2, 2011
OBL
September 11, 2001 will always be a day where you remember where you were. I woke up really late for work. I was going to work at 4:00 am at the time with Troy. Because I didn't wake up until 6:00, I decided to call in sick. I let Daniel know I wouldn't be coming in and he was fine with it, then asked if I had heard that a plane had crashed into a building in NYC. I then went into Scott's room and started watching footage of what was going on that morning. Within just a few minutes of me turning on the TV, the second plane flew into the other tower. What a weird day that turned out to be. Scott and I (I seem to have not had any classes that day) watched footage of the attack for 8 or 10 straight hours. I saw the second plane hit and both buildings fall on live television. We learned over the next few days and weeks that close to 3000 people died as a result of that attack and it was eventually credited to Osama bin Laden and his terrorist group al-queda. Last night our military killed OBL in his compound in some large city of Pakistan...uh, sorry about that Afghanistan. Today's news has irritated me. I don't know what it was like to lose a loved one that day, but I feel sorry for those who have not been able to experience closure up until now. Or the huge crowds that gathered at ground zero or chanted "USA" at some baseball game. I feel like they are saying that OBL and his band of robbers have maintained some level of control over us for the last 10 years. What a bunch of crap. I think the ultimate slap in the face to them would to be that despite their deplorable actions, we are stronger and have moved on and improved our lives and the lives of those around us. That no matter what they have done or will do, we will continue to love our freedom and our nation, our military and our families and their pathetic efforts to scare us, or exercise control over us will not last because we are children of God and citizens of the United States of America. I am thrilled we got him. I am thrilled that we didn't quit. And I don't think I will bother remembering where I was when OBL was killed. I think we beat OBL on September 12th, and every day we've lived our lives well since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment