Monday, June 27, 2011
Habits
I have this fear that someday they will look back on these posts and someone is going to think that I have a focus disorder. I had an idea today that I thought would give me something to write about more often while also improving some things. Habits. I am going to do a personal experiment with habits. I am sure I will lose interest in this too, but I am going to try. I am going to try to start one good habit or end one bad habit each month. Tom was saying how he never would keep a log with regards to writing down miles because it was always a pain. I don't think it is that difficult, but I have been doing it for 2 years now and it is such a habit, that I don't ever think twice and it never seems hard. I suppose everything is like that. Once we have done something for while and it is habit, it comes easy. Whether it is good or bad. I have decided to track a few things this month which includes July. My weight after breakfast. My resting heart rate in the afternoon and my body fat percentage before bed after I have gone potty. Once I am in the habit of doing this for a whole month, maybe I will learn more about my health just as I have my car by keeping track of the miles. I am also going to track time spent working out. That might be the most difficult, but once I am in the habit...I will try to think of a bad habit I want to break for the month of July as well. The first one that popped in my head was pulling out my neck hairs. Who knows why I do that and if I can stop, but I am sure Sarah would love if I stopped. Here goes. Two habits. One to start and one to break. Going forward, just so I don't lose my focus, I will just try one or the other. Ce La Faccio!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment