Friday, April 29, 2011
I did it (said by Erica)
I successfully made it to the end of the day without eating any more Easter candy. I suppose it could be gone, but I never checked so I would not be tempted. Yesterday was our first Ultimate Frisbee game of 2011. I am happy to have improved my diet and I am happy that my weight is down, but I could not be more out of shape. I have been stretching less as the HMFB guys read an article about stretching before exercise is unnecessary. So I threw the disc with Sarah for about 25 seconds and I ran in. I was aptly punished quickly thereafter. I ran up the field to play defense and already felt winded. By the time I made it to my guy, I thought my heart might check out. After my guy got the disc and I hand blocked (and probably fouled) him, I ran to the end zone. We did score and I did stay on the field but I would have probably thrown up if I had any food in me. However, not to let my body get the best of me, I stayed in. After a couple of trips up and down the field I decided I better come off, though not before getting another hand block (and probably foul, again). When I went back in after half-time and prior to leaving for Michael's soccer game, I did get my legs under me and I believe that my heart remembered that it could pump enough blood to allow for competitive sports. I was able to run and had one final defensive play (not an illegal hand block).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment